VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol
VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a new form of digital IP telephone service in which calls are sent and received over the Internet. To utilize Voice over IP phone systems, all that users need to have is a high speed Internet connection and a VoIP service provider.
VoIP service providers offer many highly advanced, next generation calling and conferencing features. Often these features are included, and they can be valuable assets in fulfilling your specific communication needs. Many of the calling features now included with VoIP phone services were traditionally exercised by a human being operating a switchboard. Directing call traffic appropriately is vital to the success of any business. When it comes to voice over IP solutions, many of them are customizable to put your business at the pinnacle of efficiency and professionalism. Network features are designed to make sure your business never misses a beat – keeping your infrastructure at your fingertips at all times. Many VoIP phone service providers let you choose between a monthly or annual contract to help you manage costs.
Our mission is to help you identify the best VoIP providers for your needs. Click on the other tabs above to learn more about the benefits of using a VoIP phone service as well as how to get started.
Save Money with VoIP
1. Get Lower Monthly Rates/Fees – Low prices are due to the fact that VoIP technology is built upon the infrastructure of your existing internet service, and because voice data is much cheaper to send over the internet compared to landlines.
2. Get All Inclusive Calling Plans with Unlimited Local & Long Distance – With VoIP, every call is a local call. Most plans will offer all inclusive calling for a flat price, which is still much less than the cost of a landline phone.
3. Free Premium Features You Never Have To Pay For – VoIP includes features that are not available with landlines such as: voicemail transcriptions, auto-attendants, HD Voice & Video, E911, unified communications, and more. These features come standard with all VoIP plans.
4. Immediate Flexibility &Scalability – VoIP eliminates your costs on unused services. VoIP companies offer specialized plans tailored to your specific needs, allowing users to make changes on the go, making it easier for business to scale.
Get Started with VoIP
In going the VoIP route, look for a company that offers a simple, condensed solution. Here’s how:
Step 1. Define which services you need: how many phones do you need? Do you need specific calling features? Narrowing down your precise calling needs will make it easier when comparing plans.
Step 2. Establish a budget: with your set budget and calling needs in mind, you can easily narrow down providers that can deliver the services you need within your set budget.
Step 3. Evaluate key aspects of providers: such as reliability, customer service, satisfaction guarantee, terms, cost, and security. With this information accounted for, you will be able to differentiate between provider offerings.
Step 4. Read VoIP Reviews: research user feedback, take notice of VoIP ratings and the unbiased experiences from current subscribers. This will give you a better sense of what to expect, as well as the overall user experience of the company.
We address the above 4 steps in our easy-to-read comparison charts of the best VoIP providers and their offerings. Every key detail is front and center in our extensive round-up comparisons. Don’t get swept up in what might be great marketing unsupported by likewise service. We’ve done the research for you, by narrowing down the best VoIP providers in the industry. Follow the above 4 steps for a seamless transition.
What to Look for
When shoppers ask which is the best VoIP service or who are the top VoIP providers, no two answers should ever be the same. Keep in mind, that the best VoIP service for one individual or business, might not be the most ideal for you. It’s all about finding a VoIP provider that can cater to your specific needs. Users should consider these factors when selecting a VoIP provider:
1. Support – is there 24/7 support offered? What are the support options and where is the center based.
2. Reliability/Down Time – How often is the system scheduled to be down for upgrades and maintenance?
3. Quality of Service – Be sure the provider is able to deliver the high quality calls at all times.
4. Versatility – Look for a provider who is able to grow and shift along with you and your needs.
Once familiarized with VoIP services, hone in on what these features can do for you and how to transition to the next level. First and foremost, is cost – a universal concern for anyone. Check the provider’s plans and pricing and be sure they’re the most cost efficient for your calling needs. There is also quality & reliability, portability, customer support, and a satisfaction guarantee; all key factors that may be clinchers or deal-breakers when going through the process.