Advantages of VoIP
Advantages of VoIP
VoIP service offers numerous advantages to businesses, organizations and individuals. You may be amazed, in fact, by just how much you can do. You can power your remote-work employees with a simple and effective phone system, give everyone in the office their own extension, save money on phone services and minutes, and so much more. The advantages over other types of phone systems are significant and the cost savings can be huge.
Many new shoppers for VoIP services start out with a variety of questions, such as:
- What VoIP plan is best for me?
- How do I find the right vendor?
- What equipment do I need?
- What are the advantages of using a VoIP service?
In this article, we’ll fill you in on the many advantages of using VoIP in your business or home. You may be interested in knowing how to get started, too–so we’ll also include a short intro with more information about that. By the end of the article, right down any questions you have and this can serve as a basis for continued exploration and research. Our website has a rich variety of articles and coverage on VoIP topics so you can get started and become a VoIP expert quickly. We can also help guide you through the shopping process as you consider different VoIP providers and vendors for equipment.
First, what is VoIP, anyway? It’s Internet phone service. By skipping out on the traditional means of phone service delivery such as Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) with wires or wireless phone service through cellular phone technology, VoIP saves money on the cost of a subscription and helps reduce the overall infrastructure and equipment requirements associated with having an advanced and flexible phone system.
- What To Expect from VoIP
- Shopping for a Provider and Plan
- Major Advantages You Can Start Using RIght Away
Keep reading to learn more about how this revolutionary phone service can make a difference for your organization.
1. What To Expect from VoIP
A great VoIP phone service can give your business a boost and allow you to do so much more as a company than you may have thought was even possible. VoIP phone service is convenient, inexpensive and cost-effective. It’s rich with features and great benefits for organizations of every size and industry.
For instance, here’s a bit of what you can expect from a VoIP phone service:
- Equipment: Vendors can help you choose the best equipment for your needs and budget. Often, vendors have special deals and discounts that can help you extend your dollars on new phone equipment, private branch exchange (PBX) boxes, and more. So it’s a good idea generally to wait and avoid purchasing or committing to a rental until you’ve already had a chance to speak to a vendor and sign a contract with them.
- High-Quality Tech Support: vendors can help you with technical support and set-up. This service can vary depending on the vendor, but can be an enormous help during the process of onboarding with a new service. Using a vendor that offers technical support for their service and for your device can help you stay on-track with getting the most from your new service and learning how to use it properly. Plus, any time you run into problems with your device or with the new service, tech support can provide the help you need to get going again.
- Portability: Your VoIP phone service can generally be used anywhere thanks to an app provided by your vendor. Login and start making calls, checking voicemail and more as if you never left the office or went away from home. If you are working remotely, you can still use a common system with others in your company as if you were inside the same building. Keep your area code, too. There’s so many possibilities.
- A Phone System That’s Similar: The cool thing about VoIP is it has the benefits of a traditional phone system without the disadvantages that can bog down a landline phone. Move your phone, keep your number, reduce your costs, access advanced phone features that were typically only available to bigger companies in the past, and much more.
2. Shopping for A Provider and Plan
If you’re interested in starting the shopping process, think carefully about what you need and are willing to budget for. Not every VoIP plan is the same and there are many advantages to getting a custom plan or finding a company with experience working with customers like you. Your business size, type, industry and operations size can help you determine what you will need the most in a VoIP plan. It is worthwhile to do your homework and look for the best fit for your organization.
Here’s a few considerations to take into account:
- Provider’s experience. Does the VoIP vendor specialize in working with small businesses, large enterprises, or both? Have they worked with your industry before?
- References and reviews. Can they point you to a specific example of how their service helped a customer like you?
- Do they have a good selection of services and features for your budget, especially compared with other services and vendors?
- Can you find additional features and add them to your plan as needed? What happens if your organization grows or your needs change?
- What do you do if you need added support for your plan and equipment? Who can you turn to for help, or are you expected to supply technical support on your own or by hiring in-house?
- What’s the overall value you will be getting from your plan?
3. Major Advantages You Can Start Using Right Away
VoIP advantages certainly don’t end there. Deploying a high-quality VoIP service at your organization can happen quickly and efficiently so you can get back to work right away with minimal interference and start using more phone features at your business.
Here are some advantages you may see almost immediately from your new VoIP plan:
- Rates are usually much cheaper, so savings can be an immediate result for many companies. Once you have a new, lower payment to work with for your phone service, this can help your budget–even more so if phone service eats a significant part of your total expenses already.
- Create a contact center quickly. Yes, you can sometimes get a contact center rolling in under a day with the right plan and equipment. This is especially true if you have a smaller operation to begin with. And a great plan can help a small business open a contact center that looks and feels a lot like what customers would see with much larger businesses.
- Reduce infrastructure costs. If you are in that sweet spot of needing a big phone system but still being able to use cloud-based contact center technology, you can often benefit from lower costs and save on getting a system to manage your phones.
- Gain new features. Get onboard quickly with next generation apps, CRMs, SaaS applications and other add-ons that can boost your phone system and provide you with better features at your organization.
April 30, 2018
April 30, 2018
April 30, 2018