How to Call Japan from the U.S.A.
Using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), you can call Japan from the United States at a cheaper rate than you might expect. VoIP reduces phone service costs and can provide you with dramatically lower rates than you may have ever thought possible. VoIP is a revolutionary service that improves phone service while also decreasing the costs.
Traditionally, calling Japan from the US has been very expensive and therefore impossible or rare for some people. Few people are aware of how powerful VoIP technology is capable of lowering the costs associated with phone service, so even international calls are relatively inexpensive. You may be amazed at how low per-minute rates are for international phone calls using VoIP service.
- What is VoIP?
- Can VoIP Enable Me to Make Calls from the U.S.A.?
- Getting Started with VoIP and Calling Japan
In this article, we will introduce VoIP service and help you understand how it works. We will also help you understand how you can call Japan with your VoIP service plan and save money over traditional phone service. If you have never heard of VoIP, it is a truly amazing way to communicate and we believe you will be just as excited about VoIP service as we are once you understand the benefits.
By the end of the article, you should have a much better understanding of VoIP and how it can help you communicate more effectively with phone subscribers all over the world, including in Japan. We will even give you some tips for using VoIP and choosing the right plan and equipment. We will help you understand what equipment is involved, too.
Advantages of Using VoIP Phone Service to Call Japan from the United States:
- Save Money on Phone Minutes—You can save money on international minutes and call Japan more affordably than ever before. VoIP service uses the Internet to route calls, so it is cheaper to gain access to phone service through VoIP providers. Both domestic and international plans are usually cheaper. So, no matter why you need to call Japan, you can save money while calling.
- Flexible and Adaptable Service—VoIP service is very flexible and adaptable to your needs. As your needs change, you can also change your plan and get different service. You can often even change your vendor and keep the same equipment, potentially reducing your costs even further by saving you money on infrastructure costs.
- Portable—VoIP access is really very portable, since you can take it with you on the road and use the same phone number and service plan no matter where you are as long as you have some form of Internet access.
- Variety of Equipment—You can use a variety of different types of phones and you can use specialized equipment such as private branch exchanges (PBX) to route your calls and add specialized features.
- Advanced Features—You can even add additional features and functionality you may never have expected to have with your phone service. VoIP enables you to do more and become more productive. If you own a business or work with a business that needs a great business communications system, you may be amazed at what VoIP systems are capable of. They can really transform your business communications.
- Scalable—These systems are extremely scalable, too. If your needs change quickly, you can increase or decrease your service to adjust to the demand. For instance, if you need a business communications system that can scale up quickly during peak call times, cloud hosted VoIP service can help you put together a call center and quickly adjust to the new demand.
For advice on how to get going with VoIP service and begin calling Japan, read on for more information.
1. What is VoIP?
VoIP uses the Internet to transmit packets of data that form voice phone calls, SMS text messaging and chat between phone users. Because these systems do not use plain old telephone service (POTS), VoIP vendors can save a tremendous amount of money providing phone service and can pass these savings directly to VoIP subscribers. You can save a significant amount of money on your phone bill and reduce the costs of expensive services such as international phone minutes.
Traditional phones use miles and miles of lines made of copper wire to transport phone signals. This type of infrastructure is enormously more expensive to create and maintain than VoIP infrastructure, causing POTS phone service to be very expensive. International minutes are particularly expensive and many people avoid calling friends, family and business associates overseas because they are afraid of the high phone service costs and fees.
2. Can VoIP Enable Me to Make Calls from the U.S.A.?
VoIP service is something you can get started with quickly so you can begin communicating with Japan. In this article, we share steps and tips for calling Japan by using the exit codes and country codes with your VoIP service to dial numbers in Japan and make your calls.
Your rates will be significantly cheaper than many traditional phone service rates, although international minutes may cost more than domestic minutes with VoIP service. You will still save a lot of money and you may also find great features that help you communicate more effectively. You may be amazed!
Follow These Tips to Call Japan from the U.S.A. Using Your VoIP Service:
- Choose a VoIP vendor and equipment to begin making calls.
- Using the US exit code, begin dialing. The exit code 011 leaves the American phone system and allows you to begin your call.
- Dial 81, which is the country code for Japan and allows you to enter the Japanese phone system.
- Dial the area code, which is typically between one and five digits long.
- Dial the phone number, which may be four to seven digits long.
- Keep in mind that mobile phones in Japan are just like any other international call. The exit code first, then the country code, the area code and the phone number.
- Begin talking and enjoy your phone conversation!
With these tips, you can be calling phones in Japan in no time. If you run into trouble, ask your vendor for help and be sure to check out some of the guides to using VoIP that we feature on our website.
3. Getting Started with VoIP and Calling Japan
To get going quickly with VoIP service, begin by thinking about the features you need and the reasons you really need a VoIP plan. Your VoIP service can help you accomplish a wide range of different things. If you have a business, for example, a VoIP service can allow you to call Japan and access a lot of different types of business-friendly features and functionality. You can use call queues, call management systems, call recording functions and other amazing features to advance and grow your business. If you are making personal calls, you can save a lot of money and enjoy advanced features that can help you communicate better.
You Will Need These Equipment and Services:
- Phones—You will need a softphone, analog telephone, smartphone or IP phone to make VoIP calls.
- Internet Connection—You need some way to access the Internet to route VoIP calls.
- Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA)—You will need an ATA if you plan to use analog telephones.
- VoIP Service—You will need a VoIP service to make calls.