What Is VoIP and What is It Good For?
What Is VoIP and What is It Good For?
VoIP is a vital, valuable technology used around the globe as an alternative to traditional landline and wireless telephone service. It has made a substantial impact on the history of commerce and technology, too. You can use VoIP to implement a high-quality telephone system and contact center technology for your business or use VoIP service for personal telephone calls. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service can make a big difference for you by giving you the same phone service quality but with much lower telephone service bills and additional, exciting features you can use.
Because VoIP works so differently from other types of phone service, it has many significant advantages that make it a valuable thing to use. You may be surprised by just how many different applications and software tools are available for use with VoIP, for instance, and often at a much lower cost than these services would typically be with older phone systems. This has created a huge market for phone service access that uses VoIP technology to bring phone access to small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and soloprenuers as well as much larger companies.
Keep reading for information on VoIP, how to get started, and some of the advantages and uses of VoIP service. We’ll provide a short overview so you can learn more information about the advantages of VoIP and how it is primarily used.
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol): An Internet-powered phone service transmitting voice signals using computers, Internet connections, VoIP-compatible phone technology and recipient phones. Rather than relying on traditional wireless signals or landline telephone wires, VoIP technology uses the Internet access of its users to send and receive communications.
In this article, we’ll help you learn more about VoIP and understand its practical value for businesses and individuals.
- What Is VoIP and What is It Good For?
- VoIP Applications for Business
- VoIP Applications for Personal Use
1. What Is VoIP and What is It Good For?
VoIP uses the Internet to transmit communications, so it can be used to create phone service access anywhere the users have a connection to the Internet. This can allow small businesses to have the same phone services that larger organizations have access to, plus a variety of other practical benefits that can make a large difference for your company.
Now, if you are interested in using VoIP for personal communications, you can find a service that may save you a substantial amount of money. This is particularly true if you are looking for a service with low-cost long-distance phone service calls or some other typically expensive feature, such as multiple phone lines in your home or even a different area code.
Whether you’re a company or an individual looking for personal phone service, here are a few advantages of VoIP service:
- Compatible: You can generally use VoIP service with your old landline headset, handset, or cell phone.
- Flexible: Service can be quickly changed, upgraded or adjusted depending on your needs.
- Low-Cost: Services are lower in cost than traditional phone service, and potentially even available for free, enabling you to save a significant chunk of change on your telephone bill.
- Portable: You can connect to and use your VoIP plan anywhere! It’s amazing, but true. All you really need is a reliable Internet connection and the right (basic) equipment with your VoIP account.
- Applications: A wide variety of different software add-ons and applications are available for use with your VoIP system. You can get started with many of these apps quickly and have them working the same day as your VoIP service.
- Easy to Deploy: You can deploy a VoIP system much more quickly than you typically could start using a traditional telephone system. If you operate a business, this can be particularly useful as you can immediately start using and profiting from a more-efficient phone system.
- User Friendly: Your VoIP system is designed to appear and be used in much the same way as other telephones you’re already familiar with. You may not even notice a difference at all between VoIP and your old telephone system.
Now that you know a little more about VoIP, let’s discuss some uses for businesses and ways to get started.
2. VoIP Applications for Business
If you have a business, you are familiar with the idea of trying to keep your operating costs low and maximize efficiency for your organization. VoIP can help you accomplish these things. VoIP services have a variety of smart uses for businesses looking to improve their functionality. You can do a variety of interesting things with VoIP.
Here are a few possible uses for businesses:
- Improving Your Image: Give your company’s image a quick boost by using a professional telephone system powered by VoIP service. Since you can do things like set up a virtual assistant answering service, phone trees, and unlimited extensions for your organization, you can make your company appear to be much bigger than it actually is. Some people are impressed by this, so that can work to your advantage. You can portray a much larger, more complex organization if you’re trying to boost your company image.
- Use a Local Area Code: You can get a local area code for a different location, allowing you to appear local even if you aren’t. This can help if you wan to provide a customized touch and personalize your business to serve a particular area.
- Hire a Distributed Workforce: Now, you do not need to have everyone at your organization working at the same physical location. You can actually have different people in completely different cities all working together on the same team and putting forth a united footprint. This can help your company save money, offer telecommuting as a perk, or hire better personnel because they can work from absolutely anywhere.
3. VoIP Applications for Personal Use
If you are looking for a great phone system you can use at home or on the go with your personal calls, you may be amazed at what VoIP offers. VoIP can help you save money on your phone system and also get the great features you maybe only dreamed of with a phone system before:
- Multiple LInes: You can cheaply and easily get more than one telephone line. Wow! Now you can have a personal extension for everyone in the household or just separate lines for a home business and personal household use. With VoIP, it’s not insanely expensive anymore.
- Save on Long Distance: If you make a lot of long distance or international calls, you can dramatically lower your costs overall by having a VoIP phone system. VoIP makes it practically free for you to make the calls you need to make, whether you’re communicating with people nearby or around the world.
- Portable Phone Service: Take your phone service with you and answer calls away from home. Check your messages around the globe and on the go. If you move, you can keep your phone number and avoid the hassle of switching service to another carrier.
- Use Existing Phones: Yes, you can use that old landline phone. All you need is an adapter, and your VoIP service provider can recommend one.
April 30, 2018
April 30, 2018
April 30, 2018